1lb of chicken cutlets, 4 breasts thinly sliced
1 c dry orecchiette pasta
1 c marsala wine
1 ¾ c chicken broth
¼ c heavy cream
1 tbs balsamic vinegar
2 tbs fresh thyme
1/3 c flour
½ c parmesan
4 tbs salted butter
8 oz cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 shallot, finely chopped
2 tbs garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1. Season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper. In a shallow dish mix flour and garlic powder together, then dredge the chicken through the mixture, coating the chicken on both sides.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tbs olive oil. Once oil starts to simmer, add chicken to the pan, searing each side for roughly 3-5 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches at least 165 degrees. Remove chicken from skillet.
3. Add 2 tbs of olive oil and mushrooms to skillet, cook for about 2 minutes. Then add in the butter, garlic, shallot, and thyme, cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until the butter starts to brown. Then add in the orecchiette pasta, lightly toasting and coating the pasta, for roughly 1-2 minutes.
4. Pour in the marsala wine and chicken broth. Cook for about 10-12 minutes, until the pasta is al dente. Stir in the heavy cream, balsamic, and parmesan cheese. Add in the chicken and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes until the chicken is warmed through.
5. Serve the chicken and orecchiette topped with parmesan and thyme and enjoy!