1 c dry rice
1.5 lb chicken breast, cubed
1 tbs garlic aioli spice blend from The Spice and Tea Exchange https://www.spiceandtea.com/garlic-aioli-spice-blend.html
2 tbs corn starch
1/2 red onion, diced
1 (14) oz can black beans
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1/2 c Buffalo sauce from the New Primal https://thenewprimal.com/products/collections-condiments-products-mild-buffalo-sauce-whole30-approved-1-pack-bundle-only
6 c spinach
1/3 c Blue cheese crumbles
Green onion for garnish
- Cook the dry rice according to the package instructions.
- In a medium pan, heat 1 tbs olive oil on medium heat and then add in red onion. Cook the red onion for about 5 minutes until it begins to caramelize. Then add in the black beans, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the chicken to a large bowl, spray with the cooking spray. Then add in the garlic aioli spice blend and cornstarch. Toss until the chicken is well coated.
- In a separate large pan, heat 2 tbs olive oil over medium high heat. Add in the chicken. Cook for about 5-7 minutes (or until internal temp reaches 165) flipping the chicken so that all sides are cooked thoroughly. Turn off heat and then add the Buffalo sauce to the pan and coat the chicken evenly.
- Now assemble the bowls! Use 4 bowls or Tupperware and split the spinach equally. Add in the rice, and then the bean mixture. Top with the Buffalo chicken. Sprinkle over the blue cheese crumbles and green onion. Store for tomorrow or enjoy while warm! Can be refrigerated for up to 4 days.