1 c dark chocolate chips
½ c unsalted butter
¾ c flour
1tbs cocoa powder
1tsp instant coffee
½ tsp salt
1 c sugar
¼ cup dark brown sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ tsp peppermint extract
1tbs vegetable oil
1/3 c heavy whipping cream
2/3 c dark chocolate chips
¼ c candy canes, crushed for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray.
2. In a medium size bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, instant coffee, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a microwavable safe bowl combine dark chocolate chips and butter and melt together in the microwave using 30 second intervals and stirring in-between until mixture is well combined and silky smooth.
4. Using a stand mixer or electric mixer on a slow speed, combine the sugars together. Add in the chocolate mixture. Then add in the eggs, oil, peppermint extract, and vanilla extract.
5. Slowly add in the flour mixture, being careful not to over beat. Using a wooden spoon works best here!
6. Spread the batter on the prepped baking dish, and then bake for 25-32 minutes. Insert a toothpick or knife into the brownies to check for moist crumbs. Remove from the oven and let them cool.
7. For the ganache, heat the heavy cream in the microwave for about 30 seconds to one minute, or until it bubbles. Stir in the dark chocolate chips and sugar. The mixture should be silky and smooth. Pour over the brownies. Sprinkle crushed candy canes over the ganache and let cool in the fridge for 1 hour before serving. Cut brownies into 12 squares, serve, and enjoy!