2 medium sized zucchinis, grated (you can also food process them to save some time)
2 bananas, mashed with a fork
1 c dark chocolate chips
1/2 c coconut oil, melted
1/2 c honey
1 tbs vanilla extract
1 tbs cinnamon
1 1/2 c all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 stick of butter (or 4 tbs)
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c heavy whipping cream
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 9 inch round baking pan with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray.
2. Place the grated zucchini in a cheese cloth and squeeze out the excess water.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine the mashed bananas, vanilla, eggs, melted coconut oil, and honey. Beat on a medium low sped until everything is well combined. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
4. Gradually pour the flour mixture into the banana mixture, beating at a medium speed. Stir in the grated zucchini and then fold in the dark chocolate chips.
5. Pour the batter into the baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes or until you can insert a tooth pick without batter sticking to it.
6. Let cake sit in pan for 10 minutes before removing. Allow cake to cool completely prior to frosting.
7. Frosting: in a mixing bowl, beat together the butter and brown sugar until well combined. Add in the vanilla, cinnamon, heavy whipping cream, and powdered sugar. Beat until frosting is well combined and fluffy.
8. Frost the cake and enjoy! You can garnish cake with a small sprinkle of cinnamon and cinnamon sticks.